The Bay of Kotor: Our Lady of the Rock, Kotor
To have a complete picture of the magnificent beauty of the Bay of Kotor, do not miss the unique experience!
From the ancient town of Kotor, we climb to the Lovćen Serpentine to a lookout that offers a magnificent view of one of the most beautiful bays in the world!!!
Get ready to take photos!!!
After enjoying the bay from the “bird’s perspective” we will visit the most beautiful places of Boka bay – Perast, a small town that prides itself on a long maritime tradition, the pearl of the Bay of Kotor – Our Lady of the Rocks and Kotor, an ancient UNESCO protected town.
Along the panoramic route, we reach Perast – many baroque palaces testify that Perast once was a powerful maritime center, and the central place of the city is the Church of Sv. Nicholas with the highest bell tower of Boka (55 meters), for which construction people of Perast paid 55,000 ducats.
The people of Perast played an important role not only in the history of the Bay of Kotor but also in Europe. In this particular town, you will find out the story from the AVE tours guide on how ships were welcomed and escorted from the Bay of Kotor.
From Perast by boat, we sail to the most beautiful jewel of Bay of Kotor – the island of Our Lady of the Rocks. You will certainly be interested in the story of the creation of the island.
Perast – charming, baroque town
Our Lady of the Rocks represents the covenantal sanctuary of sailors. According to tradition made by finding the icon of Our Lady with Jesus on a small cliff. Tradition says that Our Lady demanded that a church built in her honour on this cliff.
Over 200 years the people of Perast have sunk the old sailboats and cast stones into the sea around the cliffs. They creating an island for a church to fulfil her wish.
In the 17th century, the church was painted by the Baroque painter from Perast, Tripo Kokolja.
After visiting an impressive sanctuary of Our Lady of the Rocks, we return to Kotor. UNESCO knew for sure why to put KOTOR on its list of natural and cultural heritage, and you will also find it out as we discover the secrets of its narrow streets, walking from square to square, peeking inside churches decorated by famous Venetian painters.
Our Lady of the Rocks
Experience an unforgettable adventure and include Bay of Kotor in your top destination!
Details & Itinerary
1. Group meeting at agreed location, in front of the port of Kotor. Drive to the lookout above Kotor from which you can see a unique view of the Bay of Kotor (about 30 min).
2. Photo break on the lookout above Kotor on the 25th Serpentine of the old Austro-Hungarian road (15 min).
3. Traveling to the bay towards Perast from where we arrive by boat to Our Lady of the Rocks (about 1.5 hours).
4. Visiting Our Lady of the Rocks where you will hear an interesting story about the origin of the island, and a visit to the museum will evoke the life of Bay of Kotor (about 1 hour).
5. Walk through Perast and free time (about 1 hour).
6. Return to Kotor, a tour of the Old Town through the narrow streets, from square to square, you will get acquainted with the rich cultural heritage of the city (about 1 hour).
The excursion lasts about 6 hours
Private tours availabe
Group tours available
Check the price list for private tours
1 person 1 x 170€ = 170€
2 persons 2 x 100€ = 200€
3 persons 3 x 85€ = 255€
4 persons 4 x 70€ = 280€
5 persons 5 x 65€ = 325€
6 persons 6 x 60€ = 360€
7 persons 7 x 55€ = 385€
A minimum of 4 participants is required to complete the trip.
Costs included in the price
- Travel by car, van or bus of high tourist class
- A licensed travel guide in the language of the group
- Transportation by boat to Our Lady of the Rocks
- Excursion tax for Kotor
- Parking services and tolls
- Organizational costs
The price does not include
- Food and drink on the excursion
- Individual costs